Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ran Ever-Hadani <Ra...@dal.afsi.com> on 2009/07/28 21:13:53 UTC

md5-checksum not present error message

It's been a week since I posted to users@, no replies, I hope it is
appropriate to escalate to dev@ ...

Trying to merge a file from one branch to another, I get the following
messages:

Command: Merging revisions 1-HEAD of
http://svn.irm.local/Priya/trunk/PriyaRF/function/expimp into
C:\Documents and
Settings\rane\svn\Priya_2006_RFServer\PriyaRF\function\expimp\Import.cpp
, respecting ancestry

Error: 'http://subversion.tigris.org/xmlns/dav/md5-checksum' was not
present on the resource

Finished!

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?  I am using TortoisSVN 1.6.3 for
the client, and the Subversion version below:

C:\Program Files\CollabNet Subversion Server>svn --version

svn, version 1.6.0 (r36650)

   compiled Apr  3 2009, 18:32:09

Copyright (C) 2000-2009 CollabNet.

Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/

This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
Neon.

  - handles 'http' scheme

  - handles 'https' scheme

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.

  - with Cyrus SASL authentication

  - handles 'svn' scheme

* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.

  - handles 'file' scheme

* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
serf.

  - handles 'http' scheme

  - handles 'https' scheme

-- Ran Ever-Hadani

Senior Software Engineering Lead (Priya)
AFS Technologies | www.afsi.com <http://www.afsi.com/>

300 Corporate Pointe, Ste. 375 | Culver City, CA 90230
(877) 821-3007 ext. 6234

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2376404

Re: md5-checksum not present error message

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@hyrumwright.org>.
On Jul 29, 2009, at 11:12 AM, John Peacock wrote:

> Ran Ever-Hadani wrote:
>> It’s been a week since I posted to users@, no replies, I hope it is
>> appropriate to escalate to dev@ …
>
> dev@ is not an escalation path for users@ until such time as a
> definite
> reproduction recipe can demonstrate a bug in the library code.  In
> addition, many of the core developers were probably at OSCON last week
> (I know because I saw them), so the lack of response may be related.
>
> As you are using TortoiseSVN, you are already one layer outside of the
> library.  If you can create a reproduction recipe on a new repo using
> only the commandline tools, you make it possible for someone else to
> do
> the research.  I would recommend taking your existing repo and
> extracting just the file that is having problems and see if you can
> recreate your error.  Then cut down the code until you have as
> minimal a
> script as possible.

...and then post that result to users@.  See http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-12/0288.shtml
  for the rationale.

-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2376650

Re: md5-checksum not present error message

Posted by John Peacock <jo...@havurah-software.org>.
Ran Ever-Hadani wrote:
> It’s been a week since I posted to users@, no replies, I hope it is
> appropriate to escalate to dev@ …

dev@ is not an escalation path for users@ until such time as a definite
reproduction recipe can demonstrate a bug in the library code.  In
addition, many of the core developers were probably at OSCON last week
(I know because I saw them), so the lack of response may be related.

As you are using TortoiseSVN, you are already one layer outside of the
library.  If you can create a reproduction recipe on a new repo using
only the commandline tools, you make it possible for someone else to do
the research.  I would recommend taking your existing repo and
extracting just the file that is having problems and see if you can
recreate your error.  Then cut down the code until you have as minimal a
script as possible.

John

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2376649