Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Carsten Pieper <ca...@continentale.de> on 2009/11/26 08:09:19 UTC

[TRINIDAD] Alternative for tr:selectOneChoice

Hi there,

as our applications still have to be compatible to IE6 we're quite unhappy
with
the tr:selectOneChoice as is makes use of the HTML select component which
is a pain in IE6 (IE6 being the culprit, not the select, of course; e.g. the
good
old z-index bug...).

So, here's my question: Does anyone know of an alternative to the
tr:selectOneChoice
that doesn't make use of the HTML select and that can easily be plugged into
an
existing Trinidad based application?

Thanks, Carsten

Re: [TRINIDAD] Alternative for tr:selectOneChoice

Posted by Carsten Pieper <ca...@continentale.de>.

Andrew Robinson-5 wrote:

> tr:selectOneRadio and optionally put it in a popup?

Well, that would offer a similar functionality but wouldn't look as much
like a
combobox as our guidelines require...

Anyhow, as I mentioned IE6' z-index bug, I found out that a neat little
jQuery plugin
called bgiframe can be used to easily work around that bug (and as we're
already
making use of jQuery, that eases our pain a lot...). If anyone's interested:
http://plugins.jquery.com/project/bgiframe

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
tr:selectOneRadio and optionally put it in a popup?

-Andrew