Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Swapnil Raverkar <Sw...@persistent.co.in> on 2010/12/02 07:51:31 UTC

Issues in Struts 2 and WASCE

Hi,

We are observing issues in our Struts 2 based application, when deployed on WAS-CE server.

Details are as follow:-

Struts 2 version : 2.0.11.1
Platform : Suse Linux
App. Server : WAS-CE 2.1.1.4

We are observing a behaviour that the request paramaters (i.e http post/get params)
are not getting mapped to their respective Action properties.

Consider an example:-
An Action class "SearchAction" with "query" as one of its property. Here, "query"
is of the type "Query" bean having properties(id, name, value).There is a form
with query name and query value as its fields maped to "query.name" & "query.value"
respectively.

When user submits the form, the values are not assigned to the corresponding
attributes of the "query" object we get in search action because the "query"
property in the Search Action class is not set.

Same behaviour is observed when request parameters are passed as query string
params in URL. .../SearchAction.action?query.name="xyz"

Please note that this is an intermittent behaviour & appears when there is no
interaction with the application for long time. The issue get resolved after
stoping and restarting the context. Also, we never found or were able to repro
this issue on tomcat.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Swapnil

DISCLAIMER

Re: Issues in Struts 2 and WASCE

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've never heard of such behavior. The only thing I can advise is to
enable struts2 log and see in what the correct and the wrong behavior
differ.
Are you sure there isn't any error log?

--
Maurizio Cucchiara