Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Matthew Darling <md...@cellnet.com> on 1999/01/25 17:24:17 UTC

config/3761: StartServers defaults to 5 for port 80

>Number:         3761
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       StartServers defaults to 5 for port 80
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Was working w/ the httpd.conf file and had started the server and set the MinSpareServers
and StartServers to 3, however I forgot to change the port it would run on
(default is 8080).  I looked in the process table and 3 were running - that's all.
Then I had changed the running port to 80 and leaved everything else the same.  I restarted
the server and 5 running processes showed up.  This doesn't seem right.  I asked
a bunch of people about this and they told me just send in a bug report.
>How-To-Repeat:
See above.  Start the server, change the port and restart (stopping and then starting
does the same thing).
>Fix:
Don't have any time to look through the code right now, otherwise I'd tell you.