Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Tomcat <to...@mobile.mp> on 2002/07/24 10:29:08 UTC

Kaffe or gcj JVM and Tomcat

Has anyone had any success getting Tomcat to run in the Kaffe JVM?  Or
running a native compiled Tomcat with gcj?  I want to move at some point
to a completely open source, free web application environment, and Kaffe
or gcj look like the two most likely ways to do that.

Re: Kaffe or gcj JVM and Tomcat

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@btconnect.com>.
On Wednesday 24 July 2002 09:29, you wrote:
> Has anyone had any success getting Tomcat to run in the Kaffe JVM?  Or
> running a native compiled Tomcat with gcj?  I want to move at some point
> to a completely open source, free web application environment, and Kaffe
> or gcj look like the two most likely ways to do that.

I doubt you will have any luck with Kaffe, its 1.1.8 with a few bits of
1.2.2 as far as I understand, I doubt Tomcat will run on it.

As to gcj, it might work.  It will run some complicated things and so
it might be worth giving it a go