Posted to cli-users@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Francois Cantin <jf...@telus.net> on 2005/02/23 07:24:07 UTC

[cli-users] CruiseControl.Net configuration error

Hi All,

I installed CruiseControl.Net on my server(Win2kPro, Apache 2.0.52
standard install with xampp) and serving the ccnet(cruise control.net)
pages works fine with IIS and also works when I try through Cassini by
proxy using Apache..

When I try using the mod_aspdotnet to serve the ccnet page I get an
error saying that I have an error in my config file. The config file is
unmodified from the original ccnet install.

The only thing I can think of is that the <sectionGroup name="sitemesh">
is conflicting with the name "SiteMesh" from the error? is there
anything different between the Apache parser and IIS?

Has anyone been successful at installing ccnet and running it with Apache?

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Francois Cantin

P.S. I am running asp.net 1.1
below are the error message, the top of the web.config file and a
section of my http.conf

-----------------------------------
Server Error in '/ccnet' Application.
 Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The module 'SiteMesh' is already in the
application and cannot be added again

Source Error:

Line 23:     <system.web>
Line 24:         <httpModules>
Line 25:             <add type="SiteMesh.Filter.SiteMeshModule,
SiteMesh" name="SiteMesh" />
Line 26:         </httpModules>
Line 27:         <!--  DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION

Source File: D:\devtools\ccnet\web\web.config    Line: 25

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Web.config file-------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="sitemesh">
            <section name="page-parsers"
type="SiteMesh.Factory.PageParsersSectionHandler, SiteMesh" />
            <section name="decorator-mappers"
type="SiteMesh.Factory.DecoratorMappersSectionHandler, SiteMesh" />
            <section name="decorators"
type="SiteMesh.Mapper.DecoratorSectionHandler, SiteMesh" />
        </sectionGroup>
        <sectionGroup name="CCNet">
            <section name="xslFiles"
type="ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.Config.XslFilesSectionHandler,ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core"
/>
            <section name="projectPlugins"
type="ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Web.PluginsSectionHandler,ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Web"
/>
            <section name="buildPlugins"
type="ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Web.PluginsSectionHandler,ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Web"
/>
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <appSettings>
        <!-- CHANGE THIS to be the absolute path of the directory used
by the XmlLogPublisher of
            your project configuration in the build server. For more
information, see the
            'Project Report Web Application' page in the Documentation -->
        <add key="logDir" value="log" />
        <add key="ServerLogFilePath" value="c:\program
files\CruiseControl\server\ccnet.log" />
        <add key="ServerLogFileLines" value="50" />
    </appSettings>
    <system.web>
        <httpModules>
            <add type="SiteMesh.Filter.SiteMeshModule, SiteMesh"
name="SiteMesh" />
        </httpModules>

Here is my apache conf. I checked my directory tree and all directories
are lower cases:

######  ASP.NET using mod_aspdotne t###################
LoadModule aspdotnet_module modules/mod_aspdotnet.so

# Use the asp.net handler for all common ASP.NET file types
AddHandler asp.net asax ascx ashx asmx aspx axd config cs csproj \
                   licx rem resources resx soap vb vbproj vsdisco webinfo

<IfModule mod_aspdotnet.cpp>

########### CCNET Setup ############
    # Mount the CCNET application
    AspNetMount /ccnet "D:\devtools\ccnet\web"

    # Map all requests for /ccnet to the ccnet application files
    Alias /ccnet "D:\devtools\ccnet\web"

    # Allow asp.net scripts to be executed
    <Directory "D:\devtools\ccnet\web">
        Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        DirectoryIndex Default.htm Default.aspx
    </Directory>
########## CCNET Setup END ###############

    # For all virtual ASP.NET webs, we need the aspnet_client files
    # to serve the client-side helper scripts.
    AliasMatch /aspnet_client/system_web/(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)/(.*) \

"C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/ASP.NETClientFiles/$4"
    <Directory \
          "C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/ASP.NETClientFiles">
        Options FollowSymlinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

</IfModule>

Re: [cli-users] CruiseControl.Net configuration error

Posted by Jean-Francois Cantin <jf...@telus.net>.
Thanks Bill,

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this in the meantime or
anything I can do to narrow it down?

Jean-Francois

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.