Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rainer Klute <ra...@epost.de> on 2002/06/04 09:28:34 UTC

Re: [HttpClient] Post parameters

>in PostMethod, there is a method called setRequestBody. You can
use that to
>solve your problem

That is not equivalent. I am struggling with a site that wants
some parameters in the POST request's body and others in the
query string. As far as I can tell from the relevant RFCs there
is nothing that forbids such behavior.

As mentioned some weeks ago on this list I am doing some
refactoring of the HttpMethod classes to cope with this and
other problems. Once my project is completed I'll merge my
changes with the mainstream httpclient, if the httpclient
contributers permit.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH i. Gr.
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423