Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shaveta_Chawla <sh...@knimbus.com> on 2012/12/04 07:26:00 UTC

Migrating solr 3.6 to solr 4.0

Hi,

I had solr3.6 installed on my system, now i am migrating my solr3.6 to
solr4.0. but i am getting the error

SEVERE: Unable to create core: collection1
java.io.IOException: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or
'solr/collection1/conf/', cwd=/opt/tomcat/bin

i don't know how to resolve this.

Re: Migrating solr 3.6 to solr 4.0

Posted by Shaveta_Chawla <sh...@knimbus.com>.
The solr.xml in /opt/tomcat/conf/Catlina/localhoat is::

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Context docBase="/opt/solr/solr.war" debug="0" crossContext="true">
  <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String" value="/opt/solr"
override="true"/>
</Context>

the solr.xml in solr home folder is::

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<solr persistent="true">
        <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="collection1"
host="${host:}" hostPort="${jetty.port:}" hostContext="${hostContext:}"
zkClientTimeout="${zkClientTimeout:15000}">
    <core name="collection1" instanceDir="collection1" />
  </cores>
</solr>

Re: Migrating solr 3.6 to solr 4.0

Posted by Tirthankar Chatterjee <tc...@commvault.com>.
can you paste the content of solr.xml
On Dec 4, 2012, at 1:26 AM, Shaveta_Chawla wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had solr3.6 installed on my system, now i am migrating my solr3.6 to
> solr4.0. but i am getting the error
>
> SEVERE: Unable to create core: collection1
> java.io.IOException: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or
> 'solr/collection1/conf/', cwd=/opt/tomcat/bin
>
> i don't know how to resolve this.

"This communication may contain confidential and privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank
you."