Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wong Kok Wai <wo...@pacific.net.sg> on 2000/07/06 04:13:34 UTC

[Fwd: WAR deployment]

Hi,

Below is a reply from ServletExec support. This is quite a strange problem. ANy
clues?

Re: [Fwd: WAR deployment]

Posted by Wong Kok Wai <wo...@pacific.net.sg>.
To wrap up this thread, ServletExec support has confirmed this is a bug on their
part and a new patch for SevletExec will be released end of this month that
fixes this issue.

Re: Form/Submit tags suggestion

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
David Chisholm wrote:

> I think your right.  Supporting indexed properties would be a nice
> improvement though.
> David

There has been some code submitted (by Ralph Schaer) to deal with sets
of
checkboxes that I haven't had a chance to add yet ... but better support
for
this is coming.

Craig

Posted by David Chisholm <Da...@i2.com>.

Posted by David Chisholm <Da...@i2.com>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

RE: [Fwd: WAR deployment]

Posted by Malcolm Davis <ma...@nuearth.com>.
"The WAR file format does not conform to all the
requirements of JAR format because the classes in
a WAR file are not usually loadable by a classloader if the
JAR is added to a classpath." - SUN documentation.

Yea, so what if the ANT tool puts the meta-inf in
the WAR, that doesn't mean it correct.  Why should
the 'meta-inf\' be taken out?  Because it's not used
and is misleading, but it doesn't bother me, I know
it doesn't do anything.  It's the newbies I'm concerned about.

Deployment:
Deployment is J2EE implementation specific.  iPlanet opens
the war and adds an ias-web.xml file, and registers servlets
in iPlanet's registry system.  Some of the deployment tools
have issues with the WAR file format, not because of the WAR
file, but because the tools are not very good.

Re: [Fwd: WAR deployment]

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

RE: [Fwd: WAR deployment]

Posted by Malcolm Davis <ma...@nuearth.com>.
Hello!

Have you tried the WAR packaging utility provided by SUN
with J2EE download?

\META-INF\Manifest.mf?  I don't think this is needed with a WAR.
Something that should most likely be deleted from the struts examples.

WAR deployment has been an issue with me also.
I have tried to deploy WAR with iPlanet 6.0.
iPlanet 6.0 deployment tool bites!

Where iPlanet installs the classes in web-inf\classes
are incorrect as well.

I'm assuming that many of the J2EE providers will
initially have issues with WAR files and the J2EE spec.

Good Luck!
Maloclm