Posted to user@drill.apache.org by David Tucker <dt...@maprtech.com> on 2015/07/15 00:15:51 UTC

Transitioning to shared profile location

I decided to transition to shared profile locations for my drill cluster.   I updated the drill-override.conf with a blobroot setting
	sys.store.provider.zk.blobroot: "maprfs:///tmp/drill/profiles”
and made sure the directory existed with permissions for everyone.

I restarted the drill-bits and ran a few queries.   All was wonderful … all 9 nodes saw the same profiles.

I then copied the earlier profiles from /opt/mapr/drill/drill-1.1.0/logs/profiles on all the cluster nodes to that maprfs:/// <maprfs:///> location.   But those profiles did not show up.   I restarted the services … no change.   The profiles generated post changing drill override.conf were still visible; the others were not.

Any thoughts as to the reason for this behavior ?   Is there some way to “register” the earlier profiles with the drill cluster ?

— David

Re: Transitioning to shared profile location

Posted by David Tucker <dt...@maprtech.com>.
Thanks, Hao.

This issue was my misunderstanding of “blobroot”.   I had assumed it was really “profile_root”, and looked for profile files in there.   They were created under /tmp/drill/profiles/profiles/ in my initial config.

Resolved with Andy P’s help.

— David

Posted by Hao Zhu <hz...@maprtech.com>.