Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Niu, Xuetao" <Xu...@fiserv.com> on 2010/11/29 16:58:36 UTC

Why does Jackrabbit 2.0.0 uses the /temp dir on Linux?

Hello,

I am experiencing a trouble where someone cleaned the /temp folder on
Linux and Jackrabbit complains about this (see exception below).

I wonder if Jackrabbit 2.0.0 has to use the /temp dir so that we will
document it in our software manual not clean it.

Is there any other places in the file system that will be used by
Jackrabbit (and its dependant libs) if I only use the DBFileSystem and
DBPersistenceManager (on both Linux and Windows)?

Thanks,

Xuetao

Caused by: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: file backing binary value not
found

        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.BLOBInTempFile.getStream(BLOBInTempFile
.java:140)

        at
com.fiserv.repository.jcr.JCRUtils.loadMeta(JCRUtils.java:1528)

        ... 44 more

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/tmp/bin6905811194972706308.tmp

        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.LazyFileInputStream.<init>(LazyFileInput
Stream.java:63)

        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.BLOBInTempFile.getStream(BLOBInTempFile
.java:138)

        ... 45 more

Re: Why does Jackrabbit 2.0.0 uses the /temp dir on Linux?

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Niu, Xuetao <Xu...@fiserv.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am experiencing a trouble where someone cleaned the /temp folder on
> Linux and Jackrabbit complains about this (see exception below).
>

> I wonder if Jackrabbit 2.0.0 has to use the /temp dir so that we will
> document it in our software manual not clean it.

jackrabbit does create temp files in the system-dependent default
temporary-file
directory ("/tmp" on unix systems). you can specify an alternate temp dir by
setting the "java.io.tmpdir" system property on jvm invokation. see
[1] for more
information.

cheers
stefan