Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/06/06 03:30:17 UTC

Binary compatibility on BSDI?

Should I label binaries built on BSDI 2.1 as i386-unknown-bsdi2.0?

Is there backward compatibility there? I've been too long away from
BSDI to remember some of these issues.

Re: Binary compatibility on BSDI?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
There are backwards compatability problems.  FreeBSD would not run 2.1
binaries at one point even though it did run 2.0.  I should be able to
test the 2.1 build on a 2.0 machine, but you would be best to label it
2.1...