Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olaf Jahn <ol...@infopark.de> on 2002/08/19 18:42:23 UTC

Tomcat 3.3 does not find jndi.properties

Hi,

my Tomcat 3.3a does not find the jndi.properties file regardless of
where I put it inside the web application tree.  That is, I tried the
web app root as well as WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes.

Only if I place it directly into jre/lib the file is found, which of
course is not really an option for a modular application.

Does anyone know any help or maybe a workaround?

A little research yielded only that this symptom was encoutered with
Tomcat 3.2.x, being a bug in the AdaptiveClassLoader -- which does not
seem to exist any more as of Tomcat 3.3 it seems.

Olaf