Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/06/18 01:17:20 UTC

Re: [patch 2.0] Win32 cgi interpreter from the registry

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 04:14:01PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Ok,
>
>   I'd looked at this (along with alot of other things) for quite a
> while, and I agree with the group that these sorts of tweaks won't
> work well in the 1.3 tree.
>
>   I'll finish testing and commit unless I hear bold objections.
> But it will be a few days, I want to see if that new error I just
> posted is any ways related to this patch.

No opinion...

>   And is it just me, or is the http_core config a pretty deep pit for
> alot of odd stuff?  I'm looking at script_interpreter_source and
> thinking it really belonged in cgi, except that cgi doesn't 'do'
> directory configs... but perhaps it aught to?

Yes, I think it is kind of a mess and could use a bit of revamping.

I've been toying with the idea of a mod_http which would shift a bunch of
the HTTP handling outside of main/. For example, why is If-* header
processing done in http_protocol (ap_meets_conditions()), rather than as
part of the normal request steps done during request processing? Why is
there any authentication code in http_core? etc.

One of these days... :-)

Cheers,
-g

--