Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Bennett <ch...@bennettconstruction.biz> on 2010/06/18 16:04:17 UTC

Re: modperl book

Chris Datfung wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations for a good ModPerl book that does not
> assume too much Perl background, any suggestions?
>
> - Chris
I have found this book to be extremely helpful
http://www.modperlcookbook.org/

if you get it, be sure to use the index on this website. The books index
is incomplete.

Object Oriented Perl by Damian Conway isn't mod_perl, but is extremely
helpful anyway.

A lot of mod_perl info is free on the net.
You will want to set up a practice server as you will make many mistakes!

Mod_perl isn't "hard" so much as it requires very careful, well written
perl.  It is an excellent teacher

Good Luck,
Chris Bennett