Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com> on 2011/09/07 16:34:40 UTC

current Nutch 2.0 / GORA status

What is the current status of Nutch 2.0? How different is it from the
current 1.x branch in terms of production stableness? We would very much
like to use HBase as a crawling backend but we are not sure whether to
try to make Nutch 2.0 work or create a (small) derivation of the current
1.x branch.

Thanks in advance.

Re: current Nutch 2.0 / GORA status

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ferdy,

There have been various conversations on this topic over the last few weeks
or so. I think it is safe to say that for the time being, Nutch 2.0 is prone
to throwing some nasty exceptions and that there are also some technical
aspects we are waiting on being resolved within Gora for some storage
backends.

More specifically these might not relate directly to HBase as a storage
mechanism, however once you begin experimenting then you will find out
yourself whether or not it is prodcution ready.

Can you expand on what you mean by a small derivation of the branch. Do you
mean removing gora and hardwiring to HBase? There has been some discussion
on this previously. One point of reference (before we repeat it all again)
would be to take half an hour or so to have a look through our dev archives.
The threads will reside in there somewhere.

--
*Lewis*