Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nirdesh Pachoriya <ni...@cybage.com> on 2018/09/04 05:55:47 UTC

HTTP request issues with Heap memory

I am working on load testing Video streaming, I have observed that when we execute Jmeter to download any video files it gets downloaded in the Heap memory and many times it does not releases the heap memory, this causes JVM out of memory issues.

I have also observed that when we select option "Save as MD5 Hash option", proper GC cycle kicks in and Jmeter does through JVM out of memory error.

Could you please help me in knowing:

1.       How does Jmeter handles the object?

2.       When does it releases the object? and

3.       When Save as MD5 option is selected what difference it makes during execution and releasing the option?

Regards,
Nirdesh Pachoriya

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment." www.cybage.com