Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Emily Ye <em...@google.com> on 2020/09/30 00:37:18 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Beam Java 8 image rename starting from 2.26.0 (to apache/beam_java8_sdk)

Starting with the release of 2.26.0, the Java 8 SDK container image
<https://beam.apache.org/documentation/runtime/environments/> (currently
apache/beam_java_sdk <https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/beam_java_sdk)>) will
be released under a new name, *apache/beam_java8_sdk.* This is in
anticipation of future plans to release a Java 11 image[1]

This will apply to:

   - officially released image starting with v2.26.0
   - *immediately for development images* built from master (post PR #12505
   <https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/12505>) - i.e. if you are using a
   script/command with an argument that includes beam_java_sdk, use
   beam_java8_sdk.

[1] Related JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-8106

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Beam Java 8 image rename starting from 2.26.0 (to apache/beam_java8_sdk)

Posted by Emily Ye <em...@google.com>.
Hi all,

beam_java8_sdk <https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/beam_java8_sdk/> is now
available at versions 2.22.0 to 2.24.0 , and both beam_java_sdk and
beam_java8_sdk images will be created for v2.25.0 when it has been released.

Thanks everyone!
Emily

Posted by Emily Ye <em...@google.com>.
Hi all,