Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/05/11 22:51:48 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "HowToContribute" by SteveRowe

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "HowToContribute" page has been changed by SteveRowe.
The comment on this change is: Added per-Solr-version links for Maven README file; fixed text and hierarchical placement for the dev. env. "final thought".
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute?action=diff&rev1=59&rev2=60

  == Maven ==

+ There is information about using Maven with Solr and Lucene in the source tree, at `dev-tools/maven/README.maven`.  The information differs slightly by code branch.  Here are links to this file for each Solr version:
+
+ ||'''Solr Version'''||'''Link to Lucene/Solr Maven build instructions'''||
- See [[http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_3_1/dev-tools/maven/README.maven|the Lucene/Solr Maven build instructions]].
+ ||3.1.X||http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_3_1/dev-tools/maven/README.maven||
+ ||3.2 (unreleased)||http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x/dev-tools/maven/README.maven||
+ ||trunk/4.0 (unreleased)||http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/dev-tools/maven/README.maven||

- === One final note ===
+ == One final note ==
- As always, there are gremlins out there. This guide works for me on my machine for both Eclipse and IntelliJ. However, this isn't the first project I've put in either of those environments here. Your machine with your history may have different results. If there are steps you have to take, please either let me know or update this page directly so others can benefit.

+ As always, there are gremlins out there.  If you find problems with the information here, and especially if you subsequently find solutions to the problems you find, please either write to the solr-user mailing list or update this page directly so others can benefit.
+