Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Franck Wolff <fr...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/03 14:24:16 UTC

GraniteDS 3.0.3.GA was released!

Hello,

We have released the version 3.0.3 of GraniteDS on March 20 and forgot to
make this announcement in this mailing list.

GraniteDS 3.0.3 is just a minor bugfixes release as we are now moving to
the new 3.1 major update.

See full announcement
here<http://www.granitedataservices.com/2014/03/20/graniteds-3-0-3-ga-is-out/>
.

Franck
@graniteds

Re: GraniteDS 3.0.3.GA was released!

Posted by Franck Wolff <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ronny,

You can expect a very significant performance boost, not to mention a much
better scalability, with real-time messaging: you can choose between
Asynchronous Servlet 3, WebSocket and even UDP channels (the later being
for very particular use cases though). With remoting, based on our user's
experience, you can also get a significant boost which is mainly coming
from the fact that GraniteDS doesn't use any intermediate representation /
DTOs at (de)serialization time.

However, I believe that the huge benefice of GraniteDS over BlazeDS comes
from its extended features in data management (and Java EE frameworks
integration): full support of JPA lazy-loading, automatic merges and
conflicts resolution of entity updates in client-side contexts,
paged-queries, bean validation, automated replication of your server-side
data model into its AS3 equivalent, etc.

To be sure that GraniteDS can really give your application a boost in
performance and features, the best would be to contact us outside this
mailing list: franck.wolff[a]granitedataservices.com.

Franck.
@graniteds

Posted by Ronny Shibley <rs...@codefish.com>.