Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2003/06/04 05:59:14 UTC

Using symlinks in webapps

I have read in some of the archives that using symlinks in tomcat cannot be
done?  Is this true, or is it just not the preferred way to handle it?

The problem that I am encountering is that my application uses Apache and
Tomcat, as well as a third party application.  Instead of having 3 different
directories with the same images & style sheet and having to update images
in 3 places I set up one main images folder and one main style folder on the
Apache server, and set up symlinks to these folders everywhere else.  From
within my Tomcat web app my images and styles are not working.  I have all
the proper JkMount statements, and the images & style sheets do exist in the
specified location.

I am looking further into this problem, but just wanted to run it by the
list to see whether or not symlinks are definitely not supported so I don't
go nuts trying to solve something that can't possibly work.

Thanks!
Denise