Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Andrew Wells <ag...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/29 18:35:58 UTC

Embedded Pig Problem

I currently have a Executable Jar made by eclipse.

I am currently able to tell this program to run its embedded program in
local or mapreduce mode.

I can run my jobs in local with no problems, and get the desired results.

However when I try to run it in mapreduce mode, I have issues; it states it
cannot find the hadoop-core.xml nor site-core.xml configuration files on the
classpath

Here are the steps I have taken to debug

checked the 'System.getProperty("java.class.path")'  returns executable.jar

So I execute
'java -cp $HADOOPCONFDIR -jar executable.jar -x mapreduce'

again 'System.getProperty("java.class.path")'  returns executable.jar

feed up, I implement my own way of appending to the class path creatively

'java -jar executable.jar -x mapreduce -cp $HADOOPCONFDIR'

now 'System.getProperty("java.class.path")'  returns
executable.jar:$HADOOPCONFDIR

but I still get an error
cannot find the hadoop-core.xml nor site-core.xml

Save this computers life,

AGWELLS

Re: Embedded Pig Problem

Posted by Andrew Wells <ag...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I started to read the source of pig and hadoop-common

the problem was not in pig.jar

it was in the hadoop-common.

in order to get my code to work the conf directory did not need to be in the
classpath, but the bootclasspath -Xbootclasspath/a:<dir>

you append this inside your code in the
System.setProperty("sun.boot.class.path", System.getProperty( ... ), <dir>)

after doing that, my code would then work.