Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Kannu Mehta <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/24 01:54:56 UTC

Hive Installation issues: NoClassDefFoundError

Hi All,

I'm trying to run Hadoop and Hive in a pseudo-distributed mode on my local
machine. I've already got hadoop running but when I try to run Hive, it
gives me the following error

`Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/thrift/TException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.thrift.TException
    ... 3 more   `

I have tried to debug the problem but couldn't find what's missing. My
HADOOP_HOME, HADOOP_CLASSPATH are being set properly. Also,
HADOOP_CLASSPATH contains libthrift-0.9.0.jar which has the class shown in
the error above.

Any suggestion what am I missing here?

Kannu Mehta

Re: Hive Installation issues: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Kannu Mehta <ka...@gmail.com>.
HI Cao,

No, but my $HADOOP_HOME/lib has thriftfs.jar. But I hope that is fine.

Regards,
Kannu Mehta

Posted by FangKun Cao <ca...@gmail.com>.

--