Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Debbie Weber <dj...@aol.com> on 2013/04/05 17:50:54 UTC

Problem with open office.org

I suddenly have page breaks under every line in my spreadsheet.  Besides manually deleting each line (edit....delete manual break...row break), how can I get this task done quickly?  I've tried highlighting all of the lines and deleting the page break, but it doesn't work.  Please help!

Debbie Weber

Re: Problem with open office.org

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 10:50:54 -0500
Debbie Weber <dj...@aol.com> wrote:

> I suddenly have page breaks under every line in my spreadsheet.  Besides manually deleting each line (edit....delete manual break...row break), how can I get this task done quickly?  I've tried highlighting all of the lines and deleting the page break, but it doesn't work.  Please help!

Are these actual Page Breaks, which put you on a new page (current page and total pages are shown at bottom left of status bar, on the botton of the screen), or are they solid black lines under ewach paragraph?

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Problem with open office.org

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
On 6/04/2013 10:46 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 22:18 06/04/2013 +1100, Martin Groenescheij wrote:
>> On 6/04/2013 2:50 AM, Debbie Weber wrote:
>>> I suddenly have page breaks under every line in my spreadsheet.
>>> Besides manually deleting each line (edit....delete manual
>>> break...row break), how can I get this task done quickly?  I've
>>> tried highlighting all of the lines and deleting the page break, but
>>> it doesn't work.  Please help!
>>
>> Check your Paragraph Style (F11) and see if the Insert box on the
>> Text flow tab is checked.
>
> Are you perhaps thinking of a text (Writer) document - not the
> questioner's spreadsheet?
You're right I should read better.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 10:50 05/04/2013 -0500, Debbie Weber wrote:
>I suddenly have page breaks under every line in my
>spreadsheet.  Besides manually deleting each line (edit....delete
>manual break...row break), how can I get this task done
>quickly?  I've tried highlighting all of the lines and deleting the
>page break, but it doesn't work.  Please help!

o Select the entire sheet. (Click in the top left corner - where the
row and column numbers meet.)
o Copy.
o Paste into a new sheet.
o Shuffle and rename sheets if desired.

This should preserve formulae on the sheet in question, but may
corrupt any references to the relevant sheet from other sheets - so
you will need to check that.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker