Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Werner Putzhuber <we...@hyperwave.com> on 2007/12/19 13:17:19 UTC

xsl-fo hidden areas within pdf

hi @ll!

i'm new to this list so i'm not aware that someone maybe has asked the
same before (i've had a look at the archive).

my question is:
i want to produce a pdf version of a document from an xml-file which
works fine in general (using apache fop 0.94). i would like to have some
areas visible within the viewing of the pdf file but those areas should
not be printed. is this possible? if yes: could you please provide me
with some details?

thanks in advance
  werner

ps:
i know that it works with html/css :-)

Re: xsl-fo hidden areas within pdf

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't even know how I would express that in XSL-FO. Maybe you need to
go through the PDF specification to see if PDF provides something like
this in the first place. At any rate, FOP doesn't currently support
anything like this. You can only disallow printing the whole document if
you use encryption.

On 19.12.2007 13:17:19 Werner Putzhuber wrote:
> hi @ll!
>
> i'm new to this list so i'm not aware that someone maybe has asked the
> same before (i've had a look at the archive).
>
> my question is:
> i want to produce a pdf version of a document from an xml-file which
> works fine in general (using apache fop 0.94). i would like to have some
> areas visible within the viewing of the pdf file but those areas should
> not be printed. is this possible? if yes: could you please provide me
> with some details?
>
> thanks in advance
>   werner
>
> ps: