Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jamie Guillemette <JM...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/06 19:17:09 UTC

[Configuration] save() not working?

In follow up to my message of this morning here is some sample code.

[code]

/*
 * Created on Apr 6, 2005
 */
package com.wirednorth.configdemo;
import java.net.URL;

import org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration;
import org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException;
import org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration;

/**
 * @author JMGuillemette
 */
public class ConfigDemo {

 public ConfigDemo(){

 }

 public void runDemo()throws ConfigurationException{
  URL url = this.getClass().getResource("/sample.properties");
  System.out.println(url);
  PropertiesConfiguration config = new PropertiesConfiguration(url);
  String firstName = config.getString("name.first");
  System.out.println(firstName);
  config.setProperty("name.first","newName");
  config.save();
 }

 public static void main(String[] args)throws Exception{
  ConfigDemo demo = new ConfigDemo();
  demo.runDemo();

 }

}
[/code]

the properties files it self looks like this...

[file]
name.first = jamie

name.last = guillemette

city = london

prov = ontario

[/file]

if you run this code.. you would expect the first run through to product
"jamie"on the console.. and the next one to produce "newName"... instead
what i get is "jamie" every time.

Thanks again for all you help everyone :)

J.

Re: [Configuration] save() not working?

Posted by Jamie Guillemette <JM...@hotmail.com>.
The display is :

file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/JMGuillemette/My%20Documents/Workspace/Config/ConfigDemo/bin/sample.properties

jamie

The file it self is not in a jar.. but it might be at distribution time...
hence why i was perfering to use URL for referencing the file.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.