Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Beer <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/08 14:36:31 UTC

FeedbackMessages not appearing on page from panel

Hi All

I have a panel which is added to my page which has contained form which is
used to update users password. All is good here, when the user submits the
form using AjaxButton it goes through the process and gets to the from
submit ok. If everything is valid it updates data fine at which point I am
trying to display a feedbask message on the underlying page. However the
feedback message never appears.

I am using the wicket-bootstrap NotificationPanel and everything is set as
follows.

UserAccountPage

{
feedback = new NotificationPanel("feedback");
feedback.hideAfter(Duration.seconds(2));
feedback.setOutputMarkupId(true);
add(feedback);
}

Ajax Submit Code on Panel:

protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form) {
                target.add(notificationPanel);
                target.add(((UserAccountPage) this.getPage()).feedback);
            }

So that the feedback panel is added to the Ajax Target.

The form Submit code on the panel:

((UserAccountPage) this.getPage()).feedback.success("Password successfully
updated");
setResponsePage(UserAccountPage.class);

Any ideas as to why the feedback panel is not displaying the message.

Thanks

David

Re: FeedbackMessages not appearing on page from panel

Posted by David Beer <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin/Ernesto

Thanks for this it worked brilliantly.

Thanks