Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Rex Madden <re...@precision-distribution.com> on 2002/11/08 21:16:20 UTC

Session Tool communication with Actions

Hi,

I built a Session tool for a shopping cart called the CartTool.  Now I
want to have the user checkout, so I'm going to build a CheckoutAction
that process the cart for the User.  My question is, how can I get the
CheckoutAction to communicate with CartTool so that I know how much to
charge the user, what items to put on the receipt, what to mark as sold
in inventory, etc.  Should I just stick an object in the User temp
storage?  Is there a better way to communicate between the two?

Thanks in advance,
Rex

RE: Session Tool communication with Actions

Posted by Rex Madden <re...@precision-distribution.com>.
Thanks Jeff.  I'm going to owe you some consulting fees soon.

In your action just get the user's session tool from the context:

CartTool ct = (CartTool)context.get("cart.tool.name");

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.