Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christopher Bottaro <cj...@onespot.com> on 2010/10/12 01:25:42 UTC

multicore replication slave

Hello,

I can't get my multicore slave to replicate from the master.

The master is setup properly and the following urls return "00OKNo
command" as expected:
http://solr.mydomain.com:8983/solr/core1/replication
http://solr.mydomain.com:8983/solr/core2/replication
http://solr.mydomain.com:8983/solr/core3/replication

The following pastie shows how my slave is setup:
http://pastie.org/1214209

But it's not working (i.e. I see no replication attempts in the slave's log).

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Re: multicore replication slave

Posted by Christopher Bottaro <cj...@onespot.com>.
Answered my own question.  Instead of naming each core in the
replication handler, you use a variable instead:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
  <lst name="slave">
    <str name="masterUrl">http://solr.mydomain.com:8983/solr/${solr.core.name}/replication</str>
    <str name="pollInterval">00:00:60</str>
  </lst>
</requestHandler>

That will get all of your cores replicating.

-- C