Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "khanil@hotmail.com" <kh...@hotmail.com> on 2016/07/15 02:44:24 UTC

HBASE Install/Configure

Hi Friends,
I am newbie to HBASE and trying to configure HBASE on UBUNTU 14.04. After
configuration and starting hbase (get to hbase CLI). If I run any HBASE
command, I get The node /hbase is not in ZooKeeper.
Please find attached my HBASE-SITE.xml and zoo.cfg.

Appreciate all your help/support in advance
Regards - Anil Khiani

<configuration>

<property>
<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
	<value>hdfs://localhost/hbase</value>
	<description>Enter the HBase NameNode server hostname</description>
</property>

<property>
	<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
   	<value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
      <value>2181</value>
      <description> The port at which the clients will connect.
      </description>
</property>

<property>
	<name>hbase.master.port</name>
	<value>2080</value>
	<description>The port the HBase Master should bind to.</description>
</property>

<property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
      <value>localhost</value>
      <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
      For example,
"host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com".
      By default this is set to localhost for local and pseudo-distributed
modes
      of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to a
full
      list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HBASE_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hbase-env.sh
      this is the list of servers which we will start/stop ZooKeeper on.
      </description>
</property>

<property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
      <value>/var/lib/zookeeper</value>
      <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
      The directory where the snapshot is stored.
      </description>
</property>

<property>
        <name>zookeeper.znode.parent</name>
        <value>/hbase</value>
</property>

</configuration>

Zoo.cfg

dataDir=/var/lib/zookeeper
server.1=localhost:2888:3888

Re: HBASE Install/Configure

Posted by "khanil@hotmail.com" <kh...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Team,
This has been resolved now. I had to add the classpath for hbase/lib to
hadoop-env.sh
Regards
Anil Khiani

Re: HBASE Install/Configure

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Anil,

Have you tried the steps documented in the HBase ref guide [1] yet? If so,
can you describe your environment a bit more? How many machines are you
trying to run HBase across? Do you have an HDFS cluster set up already?

Cheers,
  Dima

[1] https://hbase.apache.org/book.html