Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Andre-John Mas <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/08 14:53:13 UTC

CXF 2.5+ & BusApplicationListener

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading code that is current using cxf 2.2.2,
to 2.5.9 (we will see if we can upgrade to a more recent version), and
discovered two classes used there have gone:

 - org.apache.cxf.bus.sprin.BusApplicationListener
 - org.apache.cxf.transport.http.WSDLQueryHandler

These are both being used in a Spring based application. The first class
is specified in a bean configuration with no apparent dependant and the
second is passed as parameter to QueryHandlerRegistryImpl.setQueryHandlers()

Can anyone suggest suitable replacements?

Thanks

Andre

Re: CXF 2.5+ & BusApplicationListener

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 8, 2014, at 8:53 AM, Andre-John Mas <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of upgrading code that is current using cxf 2.2.2,
> to 2.5.9 (we will see if we can upgrade to a more recent version), and
> discovered two classes used there have gone:
>
> - org.apache.cxf.bus.sprin.BusApplicationListener

Shouldn’t be needed anymore.   The BusApplicationListener just made sure the context refresh/close events got fired into the BusLifeCycleManager.   Now, the SpringBus (which should be created in Spring) does that automatically as it implements the ApplicationContextAware/ApplicationListener interfaces.

> - org.apache.cxf.transport.http.WSDLQueryHandler

Not sure why you needed to set this directly.   It should have been automatically picked up.

In any case, WSDL’s are no longer rendered from the QueryHandlers.   They are interceptors stuck on the interceptor chain directly.   Just remove this as the runtime should add the interceptors where needed.  (example: not on REST endpoints)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp