Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Martín Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar> on 2004/03/17 15:06:31 UTC

0.20.5 region-after problem

Hi users!

I've placed a table in a region after and I've set the refion after as
follows:

<fo:region-after  margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in" extent="1.0in"/>

So, I expect the table will appear 0.5 inchs from the left margin but
unfortunately it doesn't happen. It just appears right in the left margin...
;((

any idea??

thanks!

Martin

Re: 0.20.5 last page...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Martín Mauri wrote:
> I´ve checked the XSL-FO manual and the FAQs and I found a way to make the
> first page different from the rest. Besides that, I'd need a way to make the
> last page different from the others as well, can I use the same sample and
> simply add another reference in the sequence master, or it is just
> impossible??

It the "last" indicator for conditional layout is not implemented
in 0.20.5, as indicated in the compliance page. There are various
ways around this, depending on context. Something like adding
text at the bottom can often be achieved with a footnote or a
marker. You might also investigate in a two pass solution. Use
a wrapper as outlined here:
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages
Use a repeatable page master reference for the common page layout,
followed by a single page master reference for the last page. In
the first page, set the repeat count to a very large number, in
the second pass number of pages determined by the first pass, properly
adjusted.

J.Pietschmann

0.20.5 last page...

Re: 0.20.5 region-after problem

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Martín Mauri wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> I´ve tried doing what you said but noothing happened, I don't know what
> could be wrong :((

currently the only way to shift a table to the right of the margin is to
add a blank column with no borders as the first column of your table.
The width of the first column then controls how much the real table
appears shifted to the right of the margin.

Chris

RE: 0.20.5 region-after problem

Posted by Martín Mauri <mm...@profesi.com.ar>.
Andreas,