Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/01/31 13:14:33 UTC

[Cactus] Should cactus test reports be in their own directory?

Hi all,

The Cactus plugin, as it currently stands has the ability to place Junit
test data in it's own directory that you specify in your project.properties.
However, by default it places them in /target/test-reports.

If we standardize on them being placed in /target/test-reports instead of
another location, then the junit-report plugin can be used to produce the
reports.  However, if they do not go in the standard location, then the
junit-report plugin can not be used, because it only generates reports
located in maven.test.reportsDirectory.  This means the cactus:generate goal
only exists to duplicate the junit-report plugin!  Whichmeans placing a copy
of the junit.jsl in cactus plugins' plugin-resources.  Ugh..!

Three options:
1) Can I pass the reportsDirectory into the junit-report plugin, instead of
it getting it form the maven-test-plugin?
2) Just remove the ability for cactus to place reports in it's own
directory, and then just rely on the junit-report plugin.
3) Copy all the junit-plugin functionality into the cactus plugin.

Personally I lean towards #2 as that way the site goal takes care of all the
formatting needs.

Eric Pugh