Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dustin Whitney <du...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/09 00:36:19 UTC

JXPath setting values with predicates

Hello,

    I like JXPath, but I'd like to make a change to the source, and I'm
hoping for some advice here.  When using the
JXPathContext.createPathAndSetValue() method on some Java beans, I get an
exception if something like:

/appQuestions[@detailGroup = 'Rental Reimbursement' and @detailName =
'Number']/detail

results in the predicate returning an null value.  But, using the same
createPathAndSetValue() method with that XPath when the predicate does not
result in null, works just fine.  I could easily turn my predicate into an
object if I were dumped into my AbstractFactory.createObject() method.  Can
anyone suggest what I might change to make that happen, or give a good
explanation as to why I should not do that?

Thanks,
Dustin

Re: JXPath setting values with predicates

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Dustin Whitney <du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I quit the job where I was going to use that.
> However, it would be
> awesome if what I described worked :)  I remember
> searching through the code
> and making a few changes, but not really getting
> anywhere.

Seems kind of strange now that I read it carefully.
There is code in the RI that disallows this, probably
because it's a PITA.  :)  That said, there would be no
reason you couldn't extend the RI to allow this, in
theory.  I'll leave it at that.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Dustin Whitney <du...@gmail.com>.