Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/03/25 17:46:40 UTC

[VOTE] The 2nd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC1) is available for download

The 2nd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC1) is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.1RC1/ and Maven artifacts are also
available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1012

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12325664

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on February 31 on whether or not we should release this as
0.98.1.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] The 2nd HBase 0.98.1 release candidate (RC1) is available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Hate to do it again, but I'm not comfortable releasing with HBASE-10838 as
a known issue given that so far it's only my time invested in testing the
RC (I think). So let me -1 RC1 and spin RC2 today, still aiming for the
31st for release. This will be the last respin this time around for
anything other than a blocker.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Unit test suite passes 100% 20 times out of 20 runs.

Cluster testing looks good with LoadTestTool, YCSB, ITI, and ITIBLL.

An informal performance test on a small cluster comparing 0.98.0 and 0.98.1
indicates no serious perf regressions. See email to dev@ titled "Comparsion
between 0.98.0 and 0.98.1RC1 using YCSB"

Some of the integration tests have issues when run in local mode, but these
are test only problems and can be fixed later.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.