Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2001/07/20 00:22:32 UTC

Nice script to change all those cvsroots?

Has anyone got a nice script to replace the jakarta.apache.org cvsroot to
the cvs.apache.org cvs root? It's a lot of time to checkout everything again
and gives lot's of other problems (losing changes I made to ant and tomcat
eg..). It is for linux btw.
Just a not : I have a checkout of all the jakarta projects, so I will save a
lot of traffic to the cvs server with a nice change script.. (I'm not a guru
on bash scripts..)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Nice script to change all those cvsroots?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
A collection of invaluable scripts for CVS:

http://www.red-bean.com/cvsutils/

"cvsco" is the one I use daily.. removes all local modifications.

Among them:

 "cvschroot makes it possible to change CVS/Root in all subdirectories
 to the given value."

--Jeff

Posted by gu...@stinky.com.
On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 12:22:32AM +0200, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Has anyone got a nice script to replace the jakarta.apache.org cvsroot to
> the cvs.apache.org cvs root?

This does all and only what you want:

find . -name Root -print | grep CVS | xargs perl -pi -e 's/jakarta\.apache\.org/cvs.apache.org/g'