Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steven Leija <St...@valtech.com> on 2001/07/18 01:07:50 UTC

Bug?

Hello All,

I've developed many forms using only the standard attribute of "action" in
my <html:form> tag.  Today I started on a new form, and after six hours of
banging my head, I found out that I had to add the "type" and "name"
attribute to my <html:form> tag.  Is this a bug?  My other forms work just
fine without these, but when dealing with this form, it required me to put
these attributes into the tag.  With my other forms, I was using beans from
the following package:

com.steven.MyForm

and with the new form I was using a Form from the following package:

com.vfs.action.BeneficiaryForm

Is this because of the package difference?  Please let me know and save my
sanity!

Have a good one,

Steven

Re: Bug?

Posted by suhas <su...@techmas.hcltech.com>.
suppose u have something like this in Jsp

In this case u need not to mention the name and type attribute for the
But  there should be some action mapping in the struts-config.xml file which
points to form to be used .
I mean
<form-bean name="myForm"
                   type="mycompany.mypackage.myForm">

<action-mapping>
<action path="/someAction"
            type=""mycompany.mypackage.myAction"
            name="myForm" />
</action-mapping>

So when the <html:form action="/someAction.do"> gets parsed it will
definitely try to look for form ("myForm") based on the struts.xml file .

Regards
Suhas

Re: Bug?

Posted by "Michael Q. Ma" <mi...@soprano.com.au>.