Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by blackhurstd <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/29 12:11:15 UTC

Idle stomp/websockets remain connected

Hi,

The number of topic consumers seems to increase every time I refresh the
stomp connection. I've tried closing down the browser yet the number of
consumers keeps increasing.

I have a large number of subscribers connected to two active mq instances,
one master one failover (without using master slave config). Clients connect
to both simultaneously. The master instance seems to be fine although the
slave keeps increasing until it runs out of file descriptors. I'm guessing
this is due to there been very few messages broadcasted.

Is there any way to make activemq check the condition of the sockets?

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Idle stomp/websockets remain connected

Posted by blackhurstd <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I was using 5.7. Sockets disconnect perfectly now thanks!!

Posted by blackhurstd <da...@gmail.com>.
OK I will try the latest trunk and the idle setting and let you know.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Which version of activemq are you using?

There is a JIRA for connections not being removed (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4100) otherwise, the appropriate
way is to configure the timeout connection with
"?websocket.maxIdleTimeout=<value>"

Can you try on the latest trunk and let us know if it's still an issue?

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:11 AM, blackhurstd
<da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The number of topic consumers seems to increase every time I refresh the
> stomp connection. I've tried closing down the browser yet the number of
> consumers keeps increasing.
>
> I have a large number of subscribers connected to two active mq instances,
> one master one failover (without using master slave config). Clients
> connect
> to both simultaneously. The master instance seems to be fine although the
> slave keeps increasing until it runs out of file descriptors. I'm guessing
> this is due to there been very few messages broadcasted.
>
> Is there any way to make activemq check the condition of the sockets?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog