Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ruyue Ma <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/09 07:03:51 UTC

Re: After hadoop jobtracker runs for a long time, jobtracker may comsume 100% cpu (one cpu core is fully consume), why?

Our hadoop version is checked out from truck version at 2008.10.22.

When this problem appeared, our cluster didn't have any job running. The
cluster was idle!

Posted by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Ruyue Ma wrote:
> Our hadoop version is checked out from truck version at 2008.10.22.
>
> When this problem appeared, our cluster didn't have any job running. The
> cluster was idle!

How many jobs (total) were submitted to the cluster? What is the average
size of each job? Have you changed any default parameters and if yes
which ones?
There is an issue open on this (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4766) for more details). Is
there any way to reproduce this?