Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by abhinav belide <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/09 20:06:26 UTC

Apache Storm Questions

Hi,

I have recently started working on Storm, I need some help regarding
setting up development environment in local machine I have tried using the
documentation in the website and I am able to build the code and run the
WordCountTopology but I am not able to configure zookeeper, can you please
let me know if there is any documentation with detailed description which I
can use and get very good hands on the technology.I even want to build
topologies and run them on my local machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhinav

Re: Apache Storm Questions

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Hi Abhinav,
             Storm uses zookeeper-3.4.5
Installation instructions are here
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperStarted.html
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperAdmin.html.
If you are running zookeeper on the same host as your storm cluster no
need to change any configs as the defaults point to localhost:2181 which
is zookeeper server defaults.
you can change these defaults by adding
storm.zookeeper.servers:
    - "zookeeper-hostname"