Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Haibo.Wang@morganstanley.com" <Ha...@morganstanley.com> on 2022/12/14 09:00:23 UTC

[Spark vulnerability] replace jackson-mapper-asl

Hi All

Hope you are doing well.

Writing this email for an vulnerable issue: CVE-2018-14721
apache/spark-py: gav://org.codehaus.jackson:jackson-mapper-asl:1.9.13,CVE-2018-14721,1.8.10-cloudera.2,1.5.0 <= Version <= 1.9.13

We are trying to bring in above image into our firm, but due to the vulnerable issue, pyspark is not allowed, understand  the version was stopped maintaining in 2013, wondering any plan to replace the Jackson-mapper-asl or any workaround? thanks

Regards
Harper Wang
Morgan Stanley | Corporate & Funding Technology
Kerry Parkside | 1155 Fang Dian Road, Pudong New Area
201204 Shanghai
Haibo.Wang@morganstanley.com<ma...@morganstanley.com>

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. By communicating with Morgan Stanley you acknowledge that you have read, understand and consent, (where applicable), to the Morgan Stanley General Disclaimers found at http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers/terms. The entire content of this email message and any files attached to it may be sensitive, confidential, subject to legal privilege and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Spark vulnerability] replace jackson-mapper-asl

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Please read the CVE you mention. It is not a CVE about the library you are
referencing.
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2018-14721

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.