Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jean-François Brassard <jf...@videotron.ca> on 2002/07/06 18:06:05 UTC

Struts 1.1Beta problem with Jdeveloper 9.028

Hi,

I try to execute exemple of Struts 1.1b with the new Jdeveloper 9.028
and i have many error when it’s compiled jsp pages.

ERROR LIKE THAT:

Error: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/struts/taglib/bean/MessageTag

Error: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.EqualTag

etc..

Any have a solution?

Thank you

Jean-François Brassard
Nurun inc.

tel: 380-8046 ext.211
jean-francois.brassard@nurun.com

Re: Struts 1.1Beta problem with Jdeveloper 9.028

Posted by Steve Muench <St...@oracle.com>.
Jean Francois,

Instead of starting Oracle9i JDeveloper Production (9.0.2.829)
like this:

   jdevw.exe

start it like this instead:

   jdevw.exe -hotspot

this should work around this issue.

We've fixed the problem for our upcoming 9.0.3 release due out
later this Summer.

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Java/XML Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp