Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sean Shanny <ss...@tripod.com> on 1999/11/25 05:03:56 UTC

A unix/linux/jakarta newbie question...

I have just installed RedHat6.1 at home with pretty much everything
possible installed.  I have brought down the jakarta sources.  I have
installed the IBM JDK1.1.8.  I run the build.sh with the command sh
build.sh, since if I even if chmod +x the build.sh file it won't run
with ./build.sh, and it does not work. :-( Isn't ignorance grand)

This is what I get:

: not found2]:
: not found4]:
: not found6]:
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.1
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/parser/Resolver
    at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configurationProject(Compiled
Code)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Compiled Code)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Compiled Code)

Could someone please point out the obvious mistake on my part as I can
build the same source just fine on my NT machine.

Thanks.

--sean

Re: A unix/linux/jakarta newbie question...

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.
Sean Shanny wrote:

> I have just installed RedHat6.1 at home with pretty much everything
> possible installed.  I have brought down the jakarta sources.  I have
> installed the IBM JDK1.1.8.  I run the build.sh with the command sh
> build.sh, since if I even if chmod +x the build.sh file it won't run
> with ./build.sh, and it does not work. :-( Isn't ignorance grand)
>
> This is what I get:
>
> : not found2]:
> : not found4]:
> : not found6]:
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Detected Java Version: 1.1
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/parser/Resolver
>     at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configurationProject(Compiled
> Code)
>     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Compiled Code)
>     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Compiled Code)

Get jakarta-tools AND jakarta-tomcat. I know, the scripts will need
a bit more work. ( the parser is in jakarta-tools)

If you have problems compiling you can get the pre-compiled version
to start with :-)

Costin