Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Keltz <ja...@cs.yorku.ca> on 2004/03/04 17:30:16 UTC

permission on tomcat-users.xml file SOLVED

When the server starts, it re-writes the tomcat-users.xml file, and when
it does this, it uses the umask of the underlying process for creating the
file.  Since my umask is 022, the file is recreated with full read
permission even though this permission has been removed from the original
file.  I tried setting the umask in the startup script to 066, and it's
fine.  I don't know if this is a bug or not.  I personally believe that
the server should maintain the permissions on the file when recreating it.

Jason.

can not shutdown tomcat from shutdown.sh (V4.06)

Posted by Kevin Li <ke...@mac.com>.
Hi guys:
I am using tomcat 4.06 /AIX, after added some servlet in the web.xml  ,
I can not shutdown the tomcat by using shutdown.sh command. the process
still runing in the Unix. and I have to use " kill -9 " to stop the
tomcat process. the servlet I added is very simple , it initialize my
jdbc connection pool and create some shared objects.
Can any one give me some hints ?

Thanks and regards.

Kevin