Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by James Thomas <jt...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/17 16:19:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk Runtime Node.js (v0.14.0, rc1)

Hello,

This is a call to vote on releasing version 1.14.0-incubating release
candidate rc1 of the following project module with artifacts
built from the Git repositories and commit IDs listed below.

* Apache OpenWhisk Runtime Node.js:
3bf5268https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-nodejs.git/commits/3bf5268

This release is comprised of source code distribution only.

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
checklist below:https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-openwhisk-release.git;a=blob_plain;f=tools/rcverify.sh;hb=HEAD

Usage:
curl -s "https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-openwhisk-release.git;a=blob_plain;f=tools/rcverify.sh;hb=HEAD"
-o rcverify.sh
chmod +x rcverify.sh
rcverify.sh openwhisk-runtime-nodejs 'OpenWhisk Runtime Node.js'
1.14.0-incubating rc1

Please vote to approve this release:

  [ ] +1 Approve the release
  [ ]  0 Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

Release verification checklist for reference:
  [ ] Download links are valid.
  [ ] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
  [ ] DISCLAIMER is included.
  [ ] Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.
  [ ] LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct for each OpenWhisk repository.
  [ ] All files have license headers if necessary.
  [ ] No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

This majority vote is open for at least 72 hours.

James Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk Runtime Node.js (v0.14.0, rc1)

Posted by James Thomas <jt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification Betrand. I'd actually thought I'd opened a
DISCUSS already (but obviously not...). I did want to do this, will send it
out now.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
I didn’t see a [DISCUSS] thread before this [VOTE] thread

This are the type of things that the board will be looking for graduation criteria to see if we follow the establish process in a consistent way with the community.

[DISCUSS] thread allows to get buy in and to see if any one has an issue starting to cut an RC of something is almost ready and should be included or just wait for the next release, etc..

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr