Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Emre Tezel <em...@verizon.net> on 2002/05/09 07:24:40 UTC

Compile Error

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to compile cocoon 2.0.2

/usr/local/cocoon-2.0.2/build/cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/EsqlConnection.java:66:
class org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.EsqlConnection
must be declared abstract. It does not define void setHoldability(int)
from interface java.sql.Connection.
public class EsqlConnection implements Connection {

There are 23 errors like this which complain about EsqlConnection class
does not implenet some java.sql.Connection interfaces. I checked the
class, it does implement. I am going insane, it used to compile.

Anyway, I attach the output of the build process that has all the errors.

Please help, I spent 3 days and still can't get the welcome page of cocoon !

Emre

Re: Compile Error

Posted by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu>.
Try using 1.3.X. As far as I can remember there's a problem with the JDBC
implementation of 1.4 being 3.0 and most of the code in Cocoon was 2.0.
Unless you're pretty sure of what you're doing, I would stick to 1.3 for any
servers running Tomcat/cocoon.

Carlos
On 05/08/02 22:24, "Emre Tezel" <em...@verizon.net> wrote:

> [...]
> public class EsqlConnection implements Connection {
>            ^
> /usr/local/cocoon-2.0.2/build/cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language
> /markup/xsp/EsqlConnection.java:66: class
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.EsqlConnection must be
> declared abstract. It does not define int getHoldability() from interface
> java.sql.Connection.
> public class EsqlConnection implements Connection {
>            ^
> /usr/local/cocoon-2.0.2/build/cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/language
> /markup/xsp/EsqlConnection.java:66: class
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.EsqlConnection must be
> declared abstract. It does not define void setHoldability(int) from interface
> java.sql.Connection.
> public class EsqlConnection implements Connection {

Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....for you are crunchy and  taste
good with ketchup and mayonnaise.."