Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/01 01:57:06 UTC

Re: Replica naming changed.

I like (2) best. And IMO we don't need to do it until necessary. I
agree it could be "interesting", OTOH it may be super simple. Once the
state.json file is re-read it may all just be OK.

For (3) I'd need to see a compelling use-case, I'd hate to try to
debug the problems from messing up the pattern. I suppose we could
barf if, say, they had already used the name for anything in the
collection so maybe it wouldn't be too bad. But I don't think I'd like
to do anything on that up front.

And I think we actually _do_ allow replica naming if you ADDREPLICA
with a property.name=whatever. But I so don't want to deal with the
ramifications that I'm not even going to try it to see. ;)

Erick