Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/12/08 17:52:50 UTC

Strange errors saying Sitemap is unavailable

In one of the commits last night, Cocoon became broken on
WebSphere.  Hopefully someone can help me with it.  I don't
seem to have any exceptions thrown (at least that are logged).
The Stylesheet is generated AND compiles.  I don't know if there
is an error in loading it or not.

I am going to look into it today, but if someone fixes it
before then let me know.  I *did* test my stuff before committing
it.

---------------------------------------
If you lust for Ham and Eggs, you have
committed breakfast in your heart
already.   -- C. S. Lewis

Re: Strange errors saying Sitemap is unavailable

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Thanks to all the extra logging I put in cocoon, I found the
guilty party.  It is the org.apache.cocoon.components.classloader.RepositoryClassLoader

It can't find the generated sitemap.  Strange why it should
start now, and work yesterday.  Has anyone else done anything
to RepositoryClassLoader?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Jon Lancelle wrote:

> I had a problem building the latest CVS version, and after upgrading my
> jaxp.jar to 1.1, it built fine. Do we even need jaxp? I put the three
> files, jaxp.jar, crimson.jar, and xalan.jar under JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.

An advice from a burned child :) NEVER use the java extension directory
if you don't have to. It's convenient but you'll find yourself soon in a
situation where you don't know why something isn't working anymore
because you've forgotten about the stuff you've put there.

If you use C2 don't use jaxp and crimson. You have xerces so you don't
need it.

Giacomo

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
> I had a problem building the latest CVS version, and after upgrading my
> jaxp.jar to 1.1, it built fine. Do we even need jaxp? I put the three
> files, jaxp.jar, crimson.jar, and xalan.jar under JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.
>
> I am also getting the sitemap not available message, and am running
> tomcat 3.2 when trying to bring up cocoon2. I think I will upgrade to
> the latest build of tomcat 4, and see what's up.
>
> Jon Lancelle

You do not need jaxp.jar and Crimson --esp. in the /jre/lib/ext
folder.  You should put your XML parsers in the classpath at the
same level as everything else--cocoon needs a SAX2 parser
(namespace support).  The other jars simply get in the way.

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > In one of the commits last night, Cocoon became broken on
> > WebSphere.  Hopefully someone can help me with it.  I don't
> > seem to have any exceptions thrown (at least that are logged).
> > The Stylesheet is generated AND compiles.  I don't know if there
> > is an error in loading it or not.
> >
> > I am going to look into it today, but if someone fixes it
> > before then let me know.  I *did* test my stuff before committing
> > it.

I found that the reason for this is that the ResourceClassLoader is
not loading the compiled sitemap class.  I have not been able to track
down the specific error--but I am running J-Test on it now.  We have three
uncaught SecurityExceptions that can be generated.

Re: Strange errors saying Sitemap is unavailable

Posted by Jon Lancelle <la...@pacbell.net>.