Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Pankaj Tandon <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/18 22:18:01 UTC

Pointers to

Hi,
I would like to enhance the release plugin's prepare goal to do the
following:
1. Create a file in the project folder that holds the release tag that the
user has entered as a part of the release:prepare dialog.
2. Check in this file, along with the others in the tag branch (in SVN).
3. Delete this file from the dev(trunk) branch.

To do above, I was going to enhance the PerformReleaseMojo.java
But I cannot find the following classes anywhere on in the svn repository:

org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.ReleaseDescriptor
org.apache.maven.settings.Settings
org.apache.maven.model.Profile

I have looked in (almost) all folders in this repository:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf

Also, if anyone has any pointers as to how I can achieve this.. please share
the light :).
Thanks in advance,
Pankaj

Re: Pointers to

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Pankaj Tandon wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to enhance the release plugin's prepare goal to do the
> following:
> 1. Create a file in the project folder that holds the release tag that the
> user has entered as a part of the release:prepare dialog.
> 2. Check in this file, along with the others in the tag branch (in SVN).
> 3. Delete this file from the dev(trunk) branch.
>
> To do above, I was going to enhance the PerformReleaseMojo.java
> But I cannot find the following classes anywhere on in the svn repository:
>
> org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.ReleaseDescriptor
> org.apache.maven.settings.Settings
> org.apache.maven.model.Profile
>
> I have looked in (almost) all folders in this repository:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf

They don't exist in svn because they're generated as part of the build
process. The projects you need to look at are:

/maven/release/trunk/maven-release-manager/
/maven/components/trunk/maven-settings/
/maven/components/trunk/maven-model/

Check them out and run "mvn generate-sources".

Max.