Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Geir Guldstein <gg...@start.no> on 2005/11/16 09:57:08 UTC

Visual Studio 2005 debug build issue

Hello All,

I want to share my Visual Studio 2005/Xalan C++ 1.10 experience with you.

I experienced the same issues (tools.ini and "Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type.")
reported and solved by Robert Conde/David Bertoni on November 4th/5th.
After solving those issues Xalan C++ 1.10 sucessfully builds when compiling on
VS2005 in release mode.

I also want to build Xalan in debug mode. However, the compiler complains about
several things in the xutility header when I try to do this. I do (among
others) get several errors like this one:

Error	9	error C2678: binary '<' : no operator found which takes a left-
hand operand of
type 'xalanc_1_10::XalanDequeIterator<XalanDequeTraits,XalanDeque>' (or there
is no acceptable conversion)	C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8
\VC\include\xutility	1360

I have been able to solve the problem by disabling the Standard C++ library
debug iterator suppport (which is enabled by default when compiling in debug
mode). I did this by adding _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 to the list of
preprocesor definitions. It could be that the problem is caused by a defect in
the Standard C++ library shipped with Visual Studio 2005. By the way, I don't
have any problems when compiling in debug mode on VS .NET 2003.

This is FYI - I guess the information could be useful for others, and it should
be looked into when releasing a Xalan C++ version with Visual Studio 2005
support (project files etc.)

Geir Guldstein

Start.no tilbyr nå raskere bredbånd til lavere pris.
Sjekk http://www.start.no/bredband/ for mer informasjon

Re: Visual Studio 2005 debug build issue

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Rob.Conde wrote:
> FYI - I found the same as Geir - I just haven't had time to report it.
>
> Robert Conde

You can find the necessary patches for Visual Studio 2005 attached to
this bug report:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-584

Dave

RE: Visual Studio 2005 debug build issue

Posted by "Rob.Conde" <Ro...@ai-solutions.com>.